Tuesday, August 7, 2007

T-minus Ten Days.......

****Update **** For those of you who checked in this morning before I figured out the video thing...I've added the video link of Luke, just so you know to look again! :)
**********************************************************************************


...and the countdown is officially on! (Not that I haven't been counting for a LONG time, but hey.....gotta have a good title, right?!)

Yes....10 days. 10 short and also very long days! It feels surreal...almost like the days leading up to your wedding....you've planned, dreamed and waited for so long. Then once the time finally arrives, you can hardly believe its really here. That's how I feel. Its strange. Unlike my pregnancy with Luke, I've enjoyed (well....almost) and savored every moment of this pregnancy. I haven't taken anything for granted. I've tried to encounter each day of having little Ellie growing inside me as a special gift from God. And in doing those things, it now feels as though I have been pregnant f-o-r-e-v-e-r! Not in a bad way at all....it's just been a LONG time it seems! I've only been pregnant living in the this house, since we found out the day after moving in that I was expecting.....then it was Christmas and New Years. Doesn't that just seem like it was FOREVER ago?! Crazy!

Anyway, since I hit the 36 week (officially 9 month) mark last Friday, I took my final progression pictures yesterday. I will probably take one more on the day she arrives, just to log how big I got in the very end, but the progression is now completed. I made it to NINE MONTHS! :) Here are a few of the shots and a few that Luke requested too....and of-course the full progression is down at the bottom of the page.
The front view...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And the side...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And a cute shot of Luke snuggling his sister...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I saw Dr. Hage yesterday afternoon and thought for sure that he would check me for dilation, since I spent the vast majority of the last few days contracting A LOT, but his answer was "Well....I could but it'll just stir things up down there even more." In talking with him further, I learned that rather than having to call him for contracting more than 4 times in one hour, as I had previously thought, in my case, I don't have to call until they are 6-8 in an hour and not going away. And at that point, I'm instructed to just go straight to Redlands Community. Okay....cool by me! The rest of the appointment went well....my blood pressure was unusally low (122/64) and Miss Ellie was measuring right on target (although I forgot to get an estimate of her weight this time.) :( No protien, no weird things.....just a normal, healthy check up! Yay! I was scheduled for my final appointment next Monday, but since things are going according to plan and all my questions are answered at this point, we opted to cancel our Monday appointment and just see Dr. Hage bright and early at the hospital on the 16th! It feels kinda weird to know I won't be back in the office before her arrival! I'm excited though!!

Over the weekend, Ty and I had our last official date before our family of three grows into four. Meemaw come to have her own 'date' with Luke and Ty and I drove out to Victoria Gardens for a nice dinner at King's Fish House. He had the fish and chips and I had coconut shrimp! MMmmmm! That's where all those contractions began....we were actually timing them at dinner! After filling our bellies, we walked around awhile,bought a couple of things for the kids, enjoyed a great musician who was playing under the twinkling white lights in the park and grabbed a yummy carmel apple dumpling from Cheesecake Facotry for dessert. It was a cool, breezy night and it was p-e-r-f-e-c-t! A quiet, connnecting time together. Here we are right before we left for the evening...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I had to snap the shot just to mark the day! :) Ty thought that was silly, but you know me! :)

The other exciting news for the weekend was that we finally began work on our backyard! WHOOHOO!!! We found a great concrete guy who quoted us a good price for the concrete work we wanted AND our retaining wall, so we went with him. They dug out the wall on Saturday and are returning today to build it and lay the forms for the patio. Yay! We should have at-least half of a backyard by Ellie's birth! Double YAY! I'll post before and after pictures later!

Hmmm...what else? Here are just a few other cute shots for you of Luke that we took over the last few days...snuggling his other sister....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
...and watering Uncle Will's tomato plants while we were up there on Sunday....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We are talking all the time about Ellie's birth. He can now tell me (unsolicted) that "Baby Ellie-in-Mommy's-belly will come out at the hospital" and that "Daddy & Mommy will stay nigh-night's there, while Dramma (Grandma) will stay at home with Lutey." Smart kiddo! My mom is actually coming by today so that I can show her everything she'll need while she's here taking care of Luke. Dr. Hage said yesterday that I probably will be up to coming home from the hospital on Saturday, so that gets us home a day sooner than we expected. That will be good! I was admitted four days post-partum with Luke. Physically, I could've gone home on the third day, but since he was still admitted, I opted to stay for the fourth day. This time around though, I'm guessing we'll be itching to get outta there!!

I caught a really cute video yesterday of Luke reading his "I'm a big brother" book to himself while I got ready in the morning. He's such a doll! I love that boy! Just click on the link below to watch it!


Well....seeing that the concrete guys are gonna be here in just a few minutes, I had better get going! I'll try to post that video later. Chao for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad to hear that everything is as it should be. Praise God that you've been able to have such a healthy and uneventful pregnancy with Ellie. We are all looking forward to meeting her so soon! We're counting the days too. Hang in there!

Kelli (Rob and Brayden too)

Anonymous said...

Just saw the video. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!

Kelli

Anonymous said...

We loved the pictures and seeing your tummy! Kennedy and I sat and watched Luke read his story twice. It was awesome to hear his voice and yours! He is just too cute. Kennedy was very interested in a baby and told me that she wanted a baby boy after hearing you talk to Luke about a baby sister. Too funny these kids are! We love you and are praying for a wonderful delivery and can't wait to see pictures!
Roni